Interaction Program on The Access Initiative Completed for Judiciary Community, Nepal
PRO PUBLIC, TAI Nepal secretariate is please to inform you all about the successful completion of the interaction program on The Access Initiative (TAI ) for the judiciary communities on 20th November in Biratnagar towards strengthening capacity to realise the compensatory mechanism under the Environment Protection Act 1996 of Nepal remains least utilised so far as also identified during our TAI assessment.
Altogether 25 participants including Judges, Registrar as well as legal officers and journalist of appellate courts of the Eastern Nepal having industrial corridor area. Altogether 5 working papers were presented and discussed in the workshop.
Program objective and highlights were delivered by Mr. PRakash Mani Sharma, TAI program Team Leader and Executive Director of Pro Public and inaugurated by the guest Hounable Justice Hari Prasad Ghimire , Chief Judge , Appellate Court, Dhankuta.
- Disseminating the TAI Assessment Report findings by Mr. Ram Charitra Sah
- Environment, Environment Pollution and Its Impact on Public Health and Environment by Prof. Shashi Nath Jha, Mahendra Morang Multiple Campus
- Public Participation and Its Importance , legal provisions and implementation status review, Mr. Kashi Raj Dahal , Chief, Administrative Court of Nepal.
- Importance and Effectiveness of the Right to Information for Environmental Governance by Dr. Ram Krishna Timalsena, Registrar, The Supreme Court of Nepal
- Environmental Justice and Review of Compensatory Provisions and its Implementation Status by Mr. Narayan Belbase, Sr. Environmental Advocate.
Additionally we also screened the Video Documentary of the Obsolete Pesticides cases which was a part of TAI assessment report.
The program went very well with good discussion towards making improvement the status of implementation of the Compensatory Provision of Environment Protection Act 1996 and Regulation 1997.