In the middle of 2006, a TAI methodology was introduced in Vietnam. A contract between the Vietnam Association for Conservation of Nature and Environment (VACNE) and the Thailand Environment Institute (TEI) was signed for conducting the Vietnam first TAI assessment. By the end of 2007, following results have been achieved by TAI coalition of Vietnam: 20 case studies were conducted according to TAI methodology; the results of case studies were analyzed, synthesized, and a draft assessment report elaborated; a number of workshops in all three parts of Vietnam were conducted to introduce TAI project, present TAI assessment results, and get comments for completing a final draft of the report.
In August 2007 the TAI results in the form of a book for the public with a title: “Community with Environment” was elaborated, printed, and disseminated to the whole Vietnam. In December 2007 the final TAI assessment report and its summary were submitted to TAI Secretariat for approval.
- Vietnam Association for Conservation of Nature and Environment (VACNE)
- Institute of Environmental Science and Engineering
- Center for Environmental Technology (ENTEC)
- Institute of Water Engineering and Environmental Technology
- Institute of Environmental Technology for Urban and Industrial areas
- Center for Environmental Monitoring Data and Information
- Institute of Environment and Sustainable Development
- Institute for Topical Technology and Environmental Protection
- Association for Conservation of Resources and Environment
- Institute for Environmental Resources and Bio-Technology
- Hanoi University of Law
- Vietnam Association of Environmental Economics
- Association for Environment at Vietnam Environment Protection Agency
- Hai Phong Association for Conservation of Nature and Environment