An Taisce, the Natural Trust for Ireland
- is an impartial monitor on the application of EU environmental legislation at local level
- promotes environmental awareness through Green Schools and other educational programmes
- is a network of Local Associations supported by An Taisce through facilitating a bottom-up consultative approach when making submissions on national or local planning policy.
- a key consultation Prescribed Body under Section 24 of the 2000 Planning and Development Act for input into national policy formulation.
- acts as a key consultation Prescribed Body under Article 28 (1) of the 2001 Regulations for planning applications that fall under (amenity, protected structures, sites of heritage interest, national monuments, nature conservation) and for applications that contain ‘EIS’.
- acts as a key consultation Prescribed Body in the area of waste and natural environment under: S.I. 538/2001 in relation to Forestry applications; The EPA Act in relation to Integrated Pollution Control and Waste Licenses & The Aquaculture & Fisheries Amendment Act (1997) for Aquaculture applications.
- is part of a large global movement of approved National Trusts which preserve and hold property in perpetuity for the benefit of their respective peoples.
Partners by Location
Africa Argentina Bangladesh Benin Bolivia Brazil Bulgaria Cambodia Cameroon Chile China (Yunnan Province) Colombia Costa Rica Democratic Republic of Congo Dominican Republic Ecuador El Salvador Estonia Europe Guatemala Honduras Hungary India Indonesia Ireland Jamaica Kenya Latin America Latvia Lithuania Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Mexico Mozambique Nepal Nicaragua Nigeria North America Paraguay Peru Philippines Poland Portugal South Africa South Asia South East Asia Sri Lanka Tanzania Thailand Turkey Uganda Ukraine United States Venezuela Vietnam Zambia Zimbabwe